Most of the time living in a small town is comforting. Knowing you can stop by anyone's house without calling ahead of time is nice. Knowing you can call a neighbor for help even if it's 10 at night and they'll come no matter what is comforting.
The down side of a small town - EVERYONE knows your every move. Somehow these people know what time of day I take a shower and what time of day I eat lunch and when I'm out running errands - I wouldn't be surprised if some of them knew what color underwear I'm wearing today.
The worst part of a small town?? The ridiculous need to sit at the gas station every morning and religiously gossip, bad-mouth, back-stab others in the community. Most days it doesn't bother me because I live far enough away that I can pretty much stay in my own "world" and not be bothered.
Nothing in particular has sparked this little entry but for whatever reason, it's weighing on my mind today.
I really do like my small town (most of the time) but there's a piece of me that wonders how life would be different if I was somewhere else....like Montana or Connecticut (not random states, I really would like to visit these places)......
No comments:
Post a Comment