I'm looking forward to fall weather. Anyone who really knows me knows that I would much rather be cold than hot - just ask my neighbor. She brings slippers along when they come over in the winter and usually comes bearing sweatshirt and maybe an extra jacket in the summer :)
There isn't just one thing I love about fall - I love the cool, crisp air (hello, open windows!); raking a pile of leaves to jump in with Josie is always a good time. This year, I'm hoping to head to the same pumpkin patch we went to last year with Nikki and Madi in Evansdale. They give hay rack rides, have inflatable jumping things and lots of painted photo boards for some great photo opportunities. I also like hot spiced (or spiked - depending on the day) cider.
The one drawback to fall, that I can think of right now anyway - LADYBUGS (or whatever you call them). Every year my house is plastered with them and every year, I end up having a gazillion inside (perhaps from my husband and daughter and their inability to shut the door!!). I wouldn't mind them so much if they didn't stink. Josie had a run in with a lady bug when she was 2. Sitting on the living room floor, she managed to get one in her hand and yep - like most kids do, she put it in her mouth. Didn't take long for that sucker to come flying out of there.
I'm hoping we'll get to take a drive or two through the timber this fall and check out all the leaves. Mitch always talks about doing it and that he remembers taking drives with his grandparents and he'd like to start doing that with Josie. I think she's old enough now to really enjoy it and maybe take some pictures, etc.
Well, that's my random thought for now - I'm off to throw a load of laundry in the washer and then settle in with a cup of Raspberry Tea in my awesome Halloween mug I got in the mail from my friend :)
No comments:
Post a Comment