Monday, September 15, 2008

On my headstone...

Ok, this might be a little morbid but I've decided what I want to have engraved on my headstone when I die. I'd like to think that when I'm gone people will remember me for being a good mom, wife and friend so of course I'd like something along the lines of: "Loving wife, mother, daughter, etc."

Here's the kicker though - in big letters along the bottom (or maybe the top, I haven't decided yet) it's going to read:
"SHUT THE DOOR!!!"

Long story short, I've come to this conclusion - even when my daughter is grown up, I will still be yelling this phrase on a regular basis. If it's not my daughter leaving the door wide open, it's my husband. Apparently they have this strong sense of knowing just how much it really does annoy me when they do it. My husband will leave the basement door open while he is tinkering with a project - he says he goes in and out so much, he just leaves it open. My daughter will leave the basement door open when she runs into the house to go to the bathroom (and when she's done in the bathroom, she needs a snack, and then she needs a drink and then she gets sidetracked to something else which means the door has been left open for twenty minutes now).

The best part is neither one of them can figure out why we have so many flies, moths, etc. in the house at any given moment. Hello?!?! Someday I'm going to figure out a way to get them to remember to shut the stupid door. But then again, if I did that, I'd have to come up with a new phrase to put on my headstone!

Have a great day!!

No comments: