My attempts at being more organized in 2009 have come to a screeching halt already! Things flow so much nicer when I just kind of fly by the seat of my pants :)
The second half of January has been rough - my father in law passed away a week ago and it's been a lot tougher on me than I thought it would be. It wasn't unexpected but it still hits you like a ton of bricks. The same night he passed away, my husband went to work and as I was leaving the nursing home in Hampton, I called to see how he was doing. I called just a couple minutes after he nailed a deer with his semi and totaled the front end. Needless to say, he hasn't worked for a full week and it might not be until sometime next week that he's back on the road. On the one hand, it's nice to have him home and awake but on the other, if he's not on the road, there's no paycheck in our mailbox :(
I'm hoping February turns around even if for just a few days. I'm more than ready to have 70 degree weather and green grass . I'm anxiously awaiting the lawn and garden centers to start popping up at WalMart, etc. Josie is going to help me pick out the flowers this year to put in the planting rings by the driveway and will also help me plant them. She's got a pretty good eye for that kind of thing plus she likes to play in the dirt!
Can't believe January is almost over - sure has gone by quickly. Maybe the next time I do an update, it will be spring weather :)
No comments:
Post a Comment