Wow! I can't believe how fast time is flying by me. Lots has been going on since I last wrote but I won't go into too much detail - nothing too exciting. Jos is a big bad 6 year old now. She begged to have a birthday party and so I decided we'd go ahead and invite just the girls from her section of kindergarten. I also decided that I didn't really want my house trashed (any more than it already is, anyway!) so we had the party at the school. I snagged a table at the back of the cafeteria where the girls (7 all together) did some crafts - a few made bracelets and some did rubber stamping. I found a cute idea online and the girls all did that (I think I thought it was much cooler than they did - but at least they all did one). It was a build your own snowman. The body of the snowman was provided and then there were lots of different hats, clothes, mittens, scarves, etc. to dress the snowman. The worst part of that - it took me four hours total to cut out all the snowman pieces :(
After crafts, I turned the girls loose in the gym (for $1/kid, it's a definite win-win) where they basically ran around and screamed! (yet another reason I'm glad the party was not at our house)
The cake was Hannah Montana (of course!) and then Jos opened her gifts and that was pretty much it. She had a great day and is already looking forward to next year. A BIG thanks to Nikki and Madi for coming to the party and helping - 7 kindergarteners, quite a crew. Yet another reminder why I did not become a teacher!
Probably the funniest thing that has happened relates to Christmas and Jos' big Santa present. Back up to the beginning - at the beginning of December all three of us were in WalMart. Jos has been begging for a new bike for a couple months now (her knees hit the handlebars on her old one). So while at WalMart we have her try out a few so we could figure out what size she needed next. We got it narrowed down to the right size and moved along. A week or two later, the Ackley paper published the kindergarten classes and Jos' section was asked what they wanted for Christmas. Her request, "I would like a bike with pink and black on it." Hmm, shouldn't be too hard, right?!? HA HA HA!
Fast forward to Christmas Eve Day, I'm in WalMart looking at bikes and see a pink, black and silver bike. THat's as close as we're going to get so I buy it. Safely tucked away in the basement before we leave for church, I'm hoping it's going to work. I figure, like she'll remember it's the EXACT same bike she tried at the beginning of the month (can you see where this story is going?!)
Christmas morning, she awakes to find the bike tucked back behind the tree. Very excited about it and can't wait to get through her presents so she can give it a test drive. Later that afternoon, she's getting kind of naughty with the Cars three-wheel scooter and her bike. I told her the bike would go back to Santa's workshop. Her reply, you ask?? "Mother, don't you mean the bike will go back to WalMart?" I asked her what she was talking about and she says (drumroll please)..............."That's the bike I rode that day at walmart with you and dad" CRAP! I was stupified and thankfully daddy bailed me out and said that Santa makes bikes for Walmart too - if he has some leftover he gives them to Walmart. Yah, she didn't really buy that but didn't say anymore about it. Good grief!!
I wish I had a memory like hers!! I can't wait for the happenings in the life of a 6 year old! Stay tuned for more exciting times!
No comments:
Post a Comment