Monday, October 13, 2008

Good day even though it rained

Josie didn't have school today and we spent a great day together. She seems to have really grown in the last couple weeks again. Just had to buy her a couple new pairs of jeans - - - AGAIN!

This afternoon we had hot chocolate with mini marshmallows, listened to Christmas music (her idea - she likes to listen to the 12 Days of Christmas....and yes, I've been singing it in my head for the last three hours now). Then we sat down at the table and made pumpkins out of construction paper and then made bats, cut them out and attached a string. The pumpkins are now in our front window and the bats are taped to the living room ceiling fan.

The funniest part of today - - she said to me, "Mom, it's really not fun here during the day." I asked her if she thought I was out and about all day doing fun stuff and she said yes! The stinker - I told her not to worry that I was at home most of the time folding the bazillionth load of laundry, loading the dishwasher for the gazillionth time and sweeping the floor forty-six times in an hour. (I swear I have gremlins living in my house that terrorize it all day long)

Now she's snuggled in bed sound asleep ready for school tomorrow. Thursday is her first "official" kindergarten field trip. She can hardly wait for Thursday - she already has the countdown. I'm sure I'll hear some awesome stories Thursday when she gets off the bus!

No comments: